The business excellence path, followed by the PERS for more than a decade, represents a path leading to modern management methods, strengthening of management systems, in order to adapt to the impacts of various factors and achieve constant growth and development.
The basis of The Department for Integrated Management Systems and Business Operation Support Systems’ work is harmonization, connecting and strengthening of the business system through business support which includes:
- Leadership and strategy – establishment of a vision, a mission, values and ethical principles, establishment and development of integrated management systems (ISO 9001, ISO 45001, ISO 39001, ISO 50001,), strengthening and improvement of organization culture, defining general and strategic goals, understanding the needs of interested parties and internal performances, harmonizing the legislation, policies, plans, procedures, et al.
- Defining and monitoring the realization of business goals – establishing and monitoring the key process parameters, monitoring the accomplishment of the enterprise’s operational goals, et al.
- Processes – modeling, analysis and optimization of business processes, strengthening of connections, processes and intersectoral collaboration.
- Development and strengthening of employees – оrganizing and conducting the training of employees, care for employees, strengthening and motivation, encouraging the employees, team work, creating the sense of affiliation for the company et al.
- Establishing and strengthening internal communications – support and improvement of internal, electronic communication, managing the platform for information, communication, exchange of knowledge and presentation of employees and their scope of work on the Intranet portal, creating visual elements and internal communication identities.
- Projects – monitoring the IT business projects, data structuring, digital patterns et al.
- Presenting the profession, business activities and operations – managing the contents on the business network “LinkedIn”, distribution of business contents to the interested parties.
- Business analytics presenting process maps, analysis of reports on goals, internal and external matters of the enterprise, monitoring the implementation of measures et al.
Integrated Management Systems in PE “Roads of Serbia”
Implementation of the standard ISO 9001 – quality management system in the PE “Roads of Serbia” commenced in 2010, and the certification of the enterprise by this standard was carried out in 2012.
The integrated management systems in our enterprise began developing with the implementation of the standard ISO 18001 – Occupational Health and Safety Management System in cooperation with the Department for Safety, Health, Fire Protection and Rescue at Work as the standard bearer. The basic ISO 9001 was extended with this system through internal consulting, the certification was successfully executed and the transition to ISO 45001 – Occupational Health and Safety Management System was performed.
In the meantime, the PE “Roads of Serbia” obtained a certificate for the ISO 39001 – Road Traffic Safety Management System. The Department for Integrated Management Systems and Business Operation Support Systems provided support to the Department for Traffic Safety for the standard implementation.
In the forthcoming period, implementation of the standard ISO 50001 – Energy Management Systems is expected, an also partially integrated one and whose bearer is the Department for Energy Management.
The integrated management system has proved to be the best management approach for the organization restructuring at the same time, cost reduction, production and profit increase and long-term sustainable organization development.
It is important to point out that the employees at the PE “Roads of Serbia” provide support to the standard implementation by constant professional development and regular following of new trends regarding the standards for the areas within their competence.
Quality Oscar Parallel with IMS Development
Department for Integrated Management Systems and Business Operation Support Systems is very dedicated to the performance of all activities, from the domain of integrated management systems and in the area of business support to the enterprise as well. In this manner, the presence of the PE “Roads of Serbia” in the IMS area is kept at a high level and its business excellence is presented among the professional community. The indicator of this good practice are the three national awards for business excellence, the “Quality Oscar”, won during the period of integrated management system implementation:
- 2020, in the category “Champion of Public Enterprises Excellence“,
- 2017, in three categories: “Partnership and Resources“, “Results Achieved with Users“ and “Strategy“
- 2014, in the category “Partnership and Resources“.
These awards are a proof that the PE “Roads of Serbia” not only constantly works on the development and improvement of both integrated management systems and processes, but also nourishes the business excellence aspects.
Oscar quality 2014
Oscar quality 2017
Oscar quality 2020
The idea behind the PE “Roads of Serbia” Intranet Portal is creating a platform for supporting internal communication and distribution of information within the PE “Roads of Serbia”.
Intranet Portal represents:
Business Network “LinkedIn”
The official page of the PE “Roads of Serbia” on the business network “LinkedIn” is a place for representing the profession, business activities and operations of our company.
The content of the Enterprise’s official page includes the texts within the Enterprise’s scope of work, which are posted by the established schedule and with an adequate visual representation.
Support to IT Project Management
In order to improve and adequately display business processes and mutual communication within the company, the Department for IMS and Business Operation Support Systems is a participant in the process of digital transformation of the company.
The activities of the Department are related to planning, internal management and monitoring of the IT project implementation. The role of the Department is support in all stages of the process, including the analysis and surveying together with the contractors, as well as the coordination of all activities on the project.
Professional Development of Employees / Employee Care
Personnel development, awareness raising, business and digital communication and data processing provide employees with the opportunity to acquire the business skills, experience and knowledge they need to perform their work and increase work efficiency. The department plans and implements employee training that is important for modern business. Introduction to work and internal support for common activities within the company are also carried out, within the framework of the Employee Care platform.
The goal is to provide closer support to employees, through the allocation of authority and involvement in the Enterprise's activities. Employees are taken care of by giving them recognition and awards for their contribution to the development and success of the company.